The construction of RRC broke ground in 1959, and was finished on May 10, 1961. The opening day of RRC included an exhibition tennis match featuring Jack Kramer and his world professional tennis troupe and an Ann Curtis and her "AnnTeeks" Synchronized Swimming display.
The Club was originally built as a community pool (privately owned) for the newly built Racquet Club Estates. In 1975, the Club was purchased by its members and has since been operated as a member-owned Club.
RRC has always been true to its beginnings as a tennis and swim facility that aims to be a meeting place for friends and family, and is special to its members for its warm and welcoming environment.